What does National Food Day mean to chefs?
Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger summarized it for SuperChef:
1. Reduce diet-related disease by promoting safe, healthy foods
2. Support sustainable farms and limit subsidies to big agribusiness
3. Expand access to food and alleviate hunger
4. Protect the environment and animals by reforming factory farms
5. Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids
6. Support fair conditions for food and farm workers
On Monday, October 24, Mary Sue and Susan are giving away free Windrose Farm apples to their customers at all their Border Grill locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Santa Monica.
Look for activities across the country and celebrate National Food Day with your children.