Chef Orlando Amaro of Station 4 restaurant in Washington DC is celebrating peaches.
No better reason then they are in season, local, and delicious. August is National Peach Month! White and yellow peaches go so well in both savory and sweet dishes, drink, chutneys, jams, and whatever else you can think of (is there a cookbook in here somewhere or an Iron Chef appearance?)
The new menu includes:
- White peaches, yellow peaches
- Blue Point Oysters in an onion-peach mignonette
- Grilled Peach Salad with Gorgonzola cheese, spiced pecans, and arugula dressed with black pepper dijonaise
- Seared Scallops with pickled peach on cilantro salad
- Seared Fois Gras with roasted peaches and summer truffle juice
- Korobuto Pork Tenderloin served with peach chutney and fava-corn relish
- Peach Tartin with crème fraiche and basil sorbet
Look for Amaro and his partner Med Lahlou to expand further with two new restaurants by years’ end. Washington DC continues to be one of the hottest markets to watch. The peach menu is on offer for the month of August.